Wednesday 12 July 2017

Butterfly




I had been die cutting some Sizzix/ Stamping up butterflies for something else I was working on and had several pieces of white card with the outline of the butterfly cut out, also had cut more of the lacy butterfly than I needed (just in case, as you do ) rather than waste the negative pieces I thought I would see what it looked like with a piece of coloured card behind,looked a bit bare so added the white lacy one over the top and loved it, so went ahead and found some pretty satin card to use.
Used my tonic square dies to cut the white "waste" into a neat square and also to cut the blue/teal ? square. Made some antenna out of little strips of card and cut a body out in the coloured card too.
I stamped "just because "in the top corner and then decided to add "its your birthday "in the lower corner,wished I hadn't as it didn't stamp too well, thank you "Misty" for restamping it for me even if it is still a bit blotchy LOL

I would like to enter my card into Cardz4Galz challenge - butterflies
Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies
and

15 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous Joan, love it

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea for a card Joan--this one with the blue background is so beautiful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fantastic Joan, I love how you've kept the die cut in the card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super idea! and super card of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is LOVELY, Joan! I especially like the way you have utilized the negative portion of the die to bring such drama to your lovely creation. So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a beautiful butterfly, a very beautiful card Joan.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Joan, love the die cut butterfly.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and elegant. Love it. Thanks for sharing with Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blue underlay is beautiful! I love how the butterfly is popped up. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! - Chris, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A truly beautiful card Joan! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really beautiful card Joan and I love the colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, love the color
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, I read and appreciate every one. Please be aware that those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to use of that personal information for that specific purpose.